If you’re looking for the “Complete List” of the Best Battery Powered Lawn Tools all in one place – You’ve found it! – Are Battery-Powered Lawn Tools Any Good? Battery-powered Lawn equipment is now the fastest growing lawn tool segment in the world – so we would say the consumers agree – Yes it is very good lawn equipment.
Editor’s Note: If you’re new to Battery Lawn Equipment, you might not realize how important it is to choose “One Single Brand” of battery lawn equipment when starting out.
The reason is simple – Lithium-ion batteries are “not interchangeable between different tool brands”. Therefore, by choosing One Brand of Cordless garden tools – you will be able to use the One Battery system to operate every battery-powered lawn tool you buy in the future. In addition, many lawn equipment companies make battery-powered tools (drills, saws, etc.) which also use the same battery system.
What Is Battery-Powered Lawn Equipment?
Battery-powered lawn equipment are “Cordless lawn tools – Powered by a high voltage Lithium-Ion Battery”. Battery power is now offered in the most popular lawn equipment; such as Mowers, Leaf blowers, String Trimmers, Chainsaws, Hedge Trimmers, and more. Battery-powered tools amongst homeowners are now considered more popular than any other power tool segment – Such as Gas-Powered and Electric Corded lawn equipment.
Whether you’re looking for a battery-powered blower for a small yard or large lot, or a cordless weed eater, leaf blower, or electric chainsaw – you’ll be battery-powered and ready to go!
Editors Pick: EGO Power + 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Lawn Tools
What is the best battery-powered Lawn Tool Brand? The EGO Power + brand of cordless garden tools is widely considered the best “stand-alone” set of battery lawn equipment that you can buy. Period.
And, with EGO now manufacturing 10 major tool categories; including mowers, trimmers, blowers, and chainsaws, the EGO Power + line of lawn equipment currently offers the widest range of premium quality battery lawn tools on the market.
However, premium quality comes at a premium price and the EGO brand is no exception. But then again, EGO takes a slightly different approach than most of its competitors.
- First, EGO offers only “Brushless” motors, which last 2.5-3 times longer than typical “brush” type motors.
- Second, EGO offers the highest voltage Lithium-Ion battery @ 56 Volts – on the market. EGO simplifies buyers’ options by offering only one (1) voltage of Lithium-Ion battery (56 volts) to operate any and all of their lawn tools.
- Third, and equally important, is the EGO Power + “Warranty” – which is an industry-leading 5-Year Equipment Limited Warranty.
- Finally, most battery-powered brands such as Greenworks, Black + Decker, and WORX, compete as value or price-driven manufacturers. Call it the “Best bang for the buck” battery-powered lawn equipment approach – which is ok – as those brands all provide more economical options for all consumers.
“EGO Power +” – Battery-Powered Equipment:
EGO Power + Pros:
- Brushless Motors – Last 2-3 times longer than less expensive – Brush type motors
- 56 Volt Lithium-Ion Battery (most powerful battery system available on market)
- Knife-like Mulching Blade
- 5 – Year Warranty
EGO Power + Cons:
- Price – The most expensive battery-powered lawn equipment on the market.
Runner Up: “DeWalt” 20 Volt – Lithium Battery Lawn Tools
DeWalt is well known for its award-winning battery-powered construction tools. However, DeWalt’s cordless lawn equipment is equally considered one of the best battery-powered lawn equipment lines in the world.
In addition to the highly-rated quality of the DeWalt brand, all DeWalt power tool equipment batteries interchange with the DeWalt battery-powered Lawn equipment.
What this means for the homeowner or contractor is, they can carry (1) one battery system, 20V, 40V, or 60V, and use it for ALL of their power tools!
While not the DeWalt Lawn equipment product line is not quite as extensive as EGO Power +, or Greenworks (See Below) DeWalt does manufacture one of the best categories of battery-powered lawn tools you will find anywhere.
Also, if you choose to purchase their 20-Volt MAX Lithium-Ion battery line of yard tools, you will also save money over our Editors Pick – the EGO Power + brand.
“DeWalt” – Battery-Powered Equipment:
- Brushless Motor Yard Equipment
- 20 Volt Batteries Interchange with all 20 Volt DeWalt Power Tools (drills, saws, etc.)
- Longest-lasting batteries on market (5.Ah system)
- Most extensive line of power tools on the market
- Longevity & Brand Reputation
- 3 – Year Warranty
- Price – More expensive than other brands (that don’t offer brushless motors)
- Shorter Warranty than the EGO Brand
While DeWalt’s lawn equipment is second place in overall sales to the DeWalt power tool line, you can see that as our “Runner-Up” – they also make outstanding battery-powered lawn tools.
Best Value: “Greenworks” – GMAX 40 Volt Lawn Tools
Launching their cordless yard equipment line in 2011, Greenworks Tools now boasts one of the largest selections of top-tier cordless lawn equipment in the world.
And where the EGO brand offers only one Battery (56 Volt) System, Greenworks currently offers five different lithium-ion battery options (and price levels) with their 24v, 40v, 48v, 60v, and 80-volt tool systems.
A “Power option for all people” approach.
In our opinion, the Greenworks “sweet-spot” is their GMAX 40-Volt lithium-Ion equipment lineup. And judging by sales figures – buyers agree. The 40 Volt system is Powerful, affordable, and is their broadest full line of lawn equipment.
For this reason, we have provided convenient links below to view details and check the price of each 40-volt tool.
Keep in mind, that the 40-volt system offers the Best Value in electric-powered lawn equipment, but the Greenworks 40-volt equipment line does not include brushless motors.
And with the added value of an entry-level 24-volt battery option, as well as a huge lineup of battery-powered lawn equipment – Greenworks is one of the largest volume manufacturers in battery-powered lawn tools worldwide.
Of course, to get the “Brushless Motor” options offered as standard by EGO or DeWalt, you’ll need to buy Greenworks 60 or 80 Volt lawn equipment – The 24, 40, and 48-Volt battery systems typically do not include brushless motors.
“Greenworks” – Battery-Powered Equipment:
- Most Extensive Battery Powered Lawn Tools On Market
- Best Value (Price and Quality Combined)
- String Trimmer/Weed Eater includes a built-in edger
- 4 – Year Warranty
- Top Rated Brand Battery-Powered Lawn Equipment