Once you have purchased the perfect hydro tent for indoor gardening, you will need to understand the setup process. Ordinarily, most manufacturers will provide instructions on how to mount the grow tent. Below, is a simple guide that would be essential when you need to set up a tent.
How to Set Up a Grow Tent
The package contains:
Growing tent kit
The process of Setting up:
Step 1: Erecting Frame:
The frame is essential in the setup of a hydroponic tent. As such, this would be the first thing to do. Connect all the poles, with the relevant metal connectors. Ensure that this is being done when you want the tent to be erected. If you erect it elsewhere, you may realize that it will not fit in the doorway, which will force you to dismantle it.
Step 2: Install Lighting:
Grow lights are part of an indoor grow tent and this is what you need to place on the support bars. There are different types of hangers for the grow lights, with the best option being the rope ratchets.
Step 3: Connect the Exhaust Fan and Carbon Filter:
This is also crucial and you should hang it in a strategic place so as to get proper air circulation. The rope ratchets can also be used to hang fans. While at it, connect the carbon filter to help in the purification of air inside the indoor growing systems.
Step 5: Cover the tent:
With the accessories and the frame of the tent in place, it is now time to cover the tent, with the canvas that it came with. Ensure that you have placed each corner in the right way. The inner part of the cover is highly reflective and the same applies to the floor tray. This will reflect the light to the plants inside the tent. Your grow tent should be ready for use, but you should test all the features before placing the plants.
Tips for Setting up Your First Grow Tent:
Do you have one of the top rated grow tents in your home? Here are some of the tips when you are setting it up:
- If the tent will be erected in a corner, the door, viewport and reach-in access should not be blocked.
- Check to ensure that the hydroponic tent for the ports and vents so as to ensure that they are conveniently located so as to give adequate ventilation.
- Do you plan to set up the tent near the intake and exhaust locations?
- It is also important to consider if you have sufficient electrical access to the indoor grow tent. Most of the accessories will take up a whole lot of energy and as such, you need to have a stable power source.
- If the tent is going to be in an area where there is much activity or an occupied room, then it needs to have incredible light blocking capacity. This is to ensure that the atmosphere inside the tent is not affected by external pressures.
- It is a good idea to have a grow tent that has a storage facility for the supplies and other gardening tools.
- Bear in mind that you need to be maintaining the tent and as such, set it up in such a manner that you will access it easily.
- If you have just bought the best indoor plants growing tent, and it is your first one, then these tips will come in handy.